Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Thank You!

I had a whale of a time during the trip! I have narrated all my experiences on this page - but they are in the reverse chronological order. If you haven't read them yet, then you are encouraged to do so - and you are invited to see the pictures also!

This trip wouldn't have been as successful as it has been without contributions from a few individuals, whose help I would like to acknowledge now.

First off, Harsha - he was a constant companion during my training for the trip and generally a great help. Many thanks go to my brother Santosh for the title of the trip "East Coast Rally" - it sure did good marketing for me! If at all I know any Telugu, then it is due to Vijay Sai. Vijay also helped in planning tourist places in Andhra Pradesh as well as booking the ticket for my return journey. Ashok Vishwanathan came out of his way to teach me Oriya and I greatly appreciate his effort. Abhijith B Rao pointed out the Lonely Planet Road Atlas to me and I used this extensively for my route planning. My manager, Malay, made my leave planning as painless as possible!

I cannot forget my many friends, colleagues (present and past) and relatives who encouraged me through their greetings, words, phone calls and emails - the only reason I don't mention any names here is beacuse there are too many to mention!

And, I enjoyed noting down my experiences. I have filled 150 pages during my entire trip (by contrast, I filled only about 50 pages during the previous trip). And the credit for this goes to you - all those who followed my blogs and asked (bugged?) me for photos! It is due to you that anytime when I feel bored later, I can come back to this page and relive my experiences!

Thanks for all your phone calls, SMSes, encouragement, comments and concerns during the trip. Many a time when I was through a boring stretch - a phone call was enough to brighten my mood! Without you, this trip wouldn't have been as successful as it has been !

I can't fail to remember the people whom I met during the trip - V V R K Shastry, Shubhan, Rameshwar Suhu, Durgacharan Swain, Kallol Mukherjee and Dharam Keshari -- You guys must get photos from me soon!

Anybody else I forgot ?

I will surely go on a similar trip in December this year (haven't planned where) - and hope you will all be with me then too!

Thanks again!

10 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

Wow!! 2000Km on a bicycle… I would think twice to do that on a motorbike. Good job!!

12:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great work dude.I had a virtual tour in ur narration.

7:06 AM  
Blogger Kiruba Shankar said...

What a co-incidence. I was meaning to do a cycling trip to Nagapattinam from Chennai and Lo, I get to hear this about you. Great work.

I love cycling myself (kind of bordering on the fanatical side) and cycle to work everyday. Great to see another person sharing the passion.

We should meet up. I'm at 98415 97744 and kiruba@kiruba.com . Lemme know your contact number.

12:27 PM  
Blogger bablu said...

Hey That quite an achievement.
2000 km on cycle in 15 days.
Congrats...

4:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ShreeKumar: This is an awesome feat! I want to talk to you....how do i reach out to you?

Can u call me @ 98861 - 53689
/Raj

5:24 PM  
Blogger Veerapathiran said...

Hi shree,

This is excellent thing..i've been planning for long bike rides, but cud never make it. With this as insipiration, i'm going to do something in the recent future..
probably bangalore - hampi (up&down ~750KM)
with my fiero ..

enjoy and take care,
veera.

7:58 PM  
Blogger Santosh PM said...

This is nothing short of a phenomenal undertaking. I wish I was here during that time myself to participate in it along with you, though my fitness for an arduous mission like that is suspect at this point of time. Anyways, great job dude. All cyclists should be feeling a few feet taller this day!

4:15 PM  
Blogger Small Routines said...

Absolutely Admirable Enthusiasm! Congratulations! Wish more young people will take to cycling thanks to you!
If you don't mind, would like to feature you on our blog - http://getoffyourbum.blogspot.com/!! (Read the About Us to figure out what it's about!)
You are a Fabulous Example of our philosophy - and we haven't done anything half as exciting as what you did!

4:10 PM  
Blogger b said...

i would love to go for a trip from chennai to Kolkatta one day. nice idea.

5:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shreekumar: Did you check today' Deccan Herald Supplement? (7th Feb); they have featured you...congrats....i want to meet you...can you drop me a note @ rajwaghray @ gmail. com

Thanks

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home