Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Day 6 : Vishakapatnam [info only]

Well, I will fill this tomorrow or day after (should be in Puri then).

In short, I had a nice time today - climbing two hills, seeing an old temple, meeting some engineering students from Bhubaneshwar, nice views - tell you all about it later - I've published the blogs for Day 4 and Day 5; so you have enough to read for now.

The internet cafe where I am sitting has a cable connection but Windows 98 :( (bad for my camera, very old version of internet explorer, etc). I had uploaded a few pics in the morning and they can be found in the normal place (http://photos.yahoo.com/shreekumar3d and check the "East Coast Rally" album). That's all I can do for now, it is already 10:10 PM, as I type.

I should be in Orissa tomorrow...

The engineering students I met have told me that it is not safe after dusk - but not due to people! Animals roam around, they say! About early morning they are OK. Anyway, Orissa promises to be fun -- Chilika lake, Puri, Konark, Bhabaneshwar and Cuttack are the anticipated highlights for now!

I had seen a few comments in the posts and maybe it is not too late to answer them:
One was regarding what I think about the entire day... Well, anything and everything from friends, work, past, future, next trip,...
The other was about my cycle: I had posted it earlier that it is a Hero Thunder MTB, 21 speed cycle. Weighs an amazing 12.5 kgs (my previous cycle was 22.5 kg).

Other comments (today's comments) I can't see - the IE here is not allowing me :(

Anyway, I am enjoying the comments - keep them coming, they sure are a nice way to communicate. In the future, they will serve as memories also!

I wish:
1. a happy christmas to some of you
2. a happy vacation to some of you (HP colleagues, sasken?)
3. If you don't fit into either 1 or 2, then enjoy your work :)

Anyway, I'll keep posting whenever I can.

Bye!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"2. a happy vacation to some of you (HP colleagues, sasken?)" :) made me post this comment.. I work in Sasken and happened to be following ur trip blogs :).
Wish you too a merry X'mas, happy new year and a safe trip. Good luck for the rest of your trip.

11:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shree,

Today is the last day in office for this year.
Have an exciting journey, Happy new year and take care.

Cheers
Vijay

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home