Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Preparations...

Most news after now will be regarding my cycle trip, a.k.a East Coast Rally.

I intend to go from Chennai to Kolkata in 15 days. I'll start from Chennai on 17th and reach Calcutta by 31st. The estimated distance is 2000+ kilometers. I plan to return to Bangalore by train.

I will leave Bangalore on 16th night and reach Chennai on the 17th morning. My cycle will accompany me in the dicky of the bus!

For now, I am busy finalising my luggage, travel related planning and catching up on some much needed practise!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude,
This is just superb. But I am wondering how if this 15 days would be a tad too tight. I mean, at about 120 km per day... I guess I would be comfortable with 100 per day. It is really nice to see people like you in India who indulge in these kind of stuff. :) Rest of them are busy preparing to be the CEOs and CTOs.
I wonder sometimes how life would be for us cyclists in Bangalore without Laloo. I will call you up one of these days. Keep cycling!
regards,
Santosh (I hope you remember me!)

8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Shree,

This is Kiran here. All the best for your trip.

1:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

That was an wonderful experience of yours.

am planning to drive by car from Chennai to Vijayawada. Could you please tell me the overall condition of NH5? and in which all places, and for how long, it is bad (if at all it is)?

Thanks,
Venkat.

5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello ShreeKumar:
Your adventure made good reading. It is kind of interesting to see the positive side of India from your blogs where as some of my American colleagues here had only negative things to say after their visit.

Still waiting to here about the "thugs" of Orissa - didnt the word originate from there ;-?

How was the searing sun in Andhra? I hope you didnt get skin burn - December is better but not necessarily all that better.

Wish you a happy, healthy & prosperous new year!

Kripa & Thirumalesh

12:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home